ECSA was founded in 1987 by the European integration studies Associations from member countries. The purpose of European Community Study Association (ECSA) is:
1. to promote higher level research and teaching on European Integration
2. to promote cooperation between it's member states, and to promote cooperation between different universities throughout Europe and the rest of the world
3. to promote international programs of research, provide technical assistance, organize various conferences, all to stimulate academic cooperation in the study of the area of European integration
4. to help spread the information on current university research and teaching activities related to European integration through publications and interactive networks such as the internet
5. to further educate people on topics of science.
Supported by London Museums.